Information for Members
2017 Club Calendar
Links to calendar of special events and volunteer days.
For information related to dues payment and refunds, non-discrimination, volunteer requirements and equipment use policy.
How regatta fees are assessed.
As of the start of spring season 2015, ARC has instituted a $50 annual membership fee. This has become necessary due to increased costs of operation. Members will pay this fee once a year at the start of which ever season they begin on-water rowing. Single scullers who do not participate in regular ARC on-water programs but wish to maintain their affiliation as ARC members may do so by paying the membership fee here. This fee does not apply to Learn to Row or Summer Camp registrants.
Communication of club activities such as season dates, upcoming meetings and practice cancellations is done primarily by email.
- All members should please sign up for the ARC Mailing List managed through MailChimp. Use the "Join Mailing List" button to the right. You may subscribe for any or all of the indicated lists; and you may subscribe or unsubscribe at any time using the form.
- For adult rowers, the AdultARC Google Group email listserve is used for coordinating activities, regatta planning, and other conversational exchanges. If you are a new adult rower, please email the webmaster at email@example.com and request to join the group. Members may unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of the message.
Much of the essential work of the club is performed by volunteers acting as part of a committee. For 2016, the Board of Directors has announced the following standing committees and chairpersons.
- Events - Tom Despart
- Finance - Patrick Thompson
- Fundraising - Christine Carhart
- Grants - Scott Sauer
- Marketing and Public Relations - Bob Crowder
- Master's Advisory - Bob Crowder
- Membership - Colleen Smith
- Operations - Amanda Kelly
- PARK (Parents of Albany Rowing Kids)- Lynn Delaney
- Sponsorship - Joseph LeMay
To volunteer for a committee or ask any question regarding these committees, please contact the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Members Meeting
As required by the Bylaws of the Organization, the club holds an Annual Meeting of the members during the first week of November. This is a business meeting to update the members on financial status and program accomplishments of the club and to elect new members to the Board of Directors. All dues paying members and parents of Junior members have the privilege of attending the meeting and voting in Board elections. The Annual Meeting for 2017 will be held on Wednesday November 8th. Location and details to be announced.